Reflexology is an extremely effective form of massage, relating to the ‘reflex points’ on the sole of the foot. Reflexology will reduce stress and tension in the individual, improve circulation and cleanse the body of toxins and impurities. It is also renowned for revitalising the energy and is often used as preventative healthcare. In other words, this enjoyable therapy will help to balance the whole system.
Modern Reflexology is both a science and an art. As a science, it requires careful study, faithful practice and sound knowledge of the techniques that are used. As one of the ‘healing arts’, Reflexology yields the best results when the Practitioner works with self-belief and dedication.
Subjects included in the course:
• Origins and History of Reflexology
• Reflexology benefits
• Reduces stress, improves circulation, balances the systems of the body, preventative health care
• Human Anatomy and Physiology (systems of the body)
• The Nervous system – cranial and spinal
• Meridian Points – Energy Channels
• Yin and Yang
• Mapping and reading the reflex points on the Feet
• Foot Ailments
• Techniques – Hooking, holding, thumb, index finger and reflex rotation
• Relaxation techniques
• Achilles tendon stretch, ankle rotation, foot wringing, big toe rotation, solar plexus flexing, pivoting.
• Reflexology ´step by step´ treatment procedures
• First Aid
Reflexology Course Outcome:
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. The foundation course provides the student with comprehensive training to begin working as a Professional Reflexologist.
NOTE: During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all courses are currently being delivered via Skype. The practical elements of the courses will be delivered to clients after social distancing and business lockdown measures have been lifted by the government.
Please contact us before purchase for availability and course dates.